Atex by Gerotto
For Explosion Risk Areas
Cleaning operations in environments with high explosion risk require working in the presence of gases and vapours, that could explode or release harmful exhalations.
The European ATEX directive identifies all the areas where hazardous substances are processed and where potentially explosive atmospheres can form.
This kind of situation is common in industrial plants that process chemical substances and crude oil derivatives (such as refineries or pharmaceutical plants), in mines (where flammable gases and dusts are released), and also in ordinary fuel stations.
Due to a lack of cleaning and maintenance, explosive atmospheres can also form in food industries (sugar factories, mills), in textile and leather processing plants, in the paper industry or in organic waste processing plants.
The most common problems in these factories are:
- accumulation of dusts and mud that exhale hazardous gases;
- the presence of closed and hardly accessible spaces, such as tanks and tunnels, where explosive gases and vapours concentrate;
- the need to transport heavy loads avoiding sparks that could cause explosions.
In order to work safely in ATEX zones, ensuring the highest safety standards for operators, Gerotto Federico S.r.l. has developed a complete range of products for the maintenance of plants with hazardous atmospheres:
- Tank Cleaner: it’s a complete no-man-entry system, specifically designed for cleaning big tanks in refineries;
- FTC-NME (Fuel Tank Cleaning – No Man Entry): it’s a mini robot designed for cleaning cylindrical fuel tanks, like those of the common filling stations;
- Mini Mover ATEX and Trolley ATEX: these are mini trailers created for moving heavy loads in offshore environments, such as oil rigs;
- ATEX cameras and lights: compose a system designed for video inspection and lighting in ATEX areas in total safety.
The Tank Cleaner category, which includes the ATEX versions of Lombrico and Gatto made by Gerotto, consists of Mini Robot Excavators suitable for cleaning storage tanks with very tough and sticky sludge.
The removal of this sludge was usually carried out putting 12 or 18 people….
FTC-NME (Fuel Tank Cleaning – No Man Entry) is a remote controlled, pneumatic mini robot, equipped with three upper rotating nozzles that can be pointed laterally or frontally and spray high pressure water or chemical products to clean the inner surfaces of the tanks.
FTC-NME is the ideal solution for….
To preserve the safety of operators working in ATEX areas with high explosion risk, Gerotto Federico S.r.l. has created a modular video-inspection system, which can be mounted on Gerotto’s Mini Robot Excavators, and is composed of ATEX zone 0 certified cameras and lights, and monitor display which can be only certified for….